Dubai Health Authority Guidelines on the Coronavirus “COVID-19”
The world was recently attacked by a new virus called Coronavirus or “COVID-19”, starting its journey from Wuhan, China until invading the majority of the globe. This situation necessitates us to take all necessary precautions for protection.
For this reason, Dubai Health Authority “DHA” issued a Novel Coronavirus Educational Guidelines to deal with the current situation and raise citizens’ awareness. This guideline includes general advice for business corporations and educational institutions, framing certain measures of cleanliness and disinfection to limit the transmission of the virus.
How to protect yourself and others V.S COVID-19?
- Stay safe at home;
- Keep your house clean and hygienic;
- Avoid direct contact with animals that have been in contact with other animals;
- Maintain social distancing;
- Avoid traditional greetings such as handshaking, hugging, kissing, etc.;
- Maintain hand hygiene by washing your hands for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 70% alcohol);
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness;
- Wear face mask whether you have flu symptoms or not;
- Cough and sneeze by covering your mouth with inner elbow or by using tissue papers instead of hand;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, commonly shared items (such as doorknobs, refrigerator handles, etc.) and floors by using appropriate disinfectant;
- Seek early medical help if you have a flu and tell them about your recent travel (if any); and
- It is not recommended to use a thermal scanner for public spaces unless it is expected to have a large number of visitors from affected countries.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 infection?
- Shortness of breath
In case one of the above-stated symptoms appears, you should urgently contact the operations Centre at the Department of Health Abu Dhabi (DOH) to determine the specified receiving hospital for the suspected case.
Dubai Health Authority 800342
From Levari’s Family to yours, please keep yourself and your family safe and well.